I was trying to think of a clever hook for the pictures I am about to post when I began thinking about why I was posting them in the first place--other than John urging me that is. What occurred to me was that readers, and certainly my readers, like this kind of thing. Then I began thinking of all the affinities beyond books that we readers seem to share. And although each of these items is not universal to all readers, or even to all readers of My Porch, I think if we were all in a room together these are the things we would end up talking about.
- Libraries (natch)
- Hot beverages (tea, the coffee family, cocoa)
- Book shops (see Libraries)
- Travel (actual or vicarious)
- Helene Hanff
- Twitter (a very book-friendly place)
- Pets (Lucy, Deacon, Sherpa, Odie, Jasper, Ritchey, Hops, etc.)
- CSAs, Farmers Markets, and fresh vegetables in general
- Knitting (not something I am interested in, but I know you are legion)
Ah yes, gardens, the reason for this post, phtots of John's efforts in the garden paying off...
|Proof of the Canadian invasion of the border states.|
If it weren't for Tim Hortons, I would say that it is time to build that wall.
|With lumberjacks like this...|
I don't know which of the next three photos came first. ;-)
Can't forget about little Lucy.