03 July 2012

Fictions

Belgian photographer Filip Dujardin has created a series of "photographs" of sometimes seemingly plausible, but totally fictional, buildings.  I would love to own one of these, but since the Metropolitan Museum of Art bought two of his pieces, it is unlikely I could ever afford to do so.

This is the one I mots covet. I could stare at it for hours.


Minus the cantilevered portion, this makes me think of a building in Tuscany south of Siena.


Moshe Safdie with a little Ralph Rapson thrown in for good measure.

I think I walked down this street.

My first thought was Hugh Newell Jacobson, but perhaps more likely to be H&dM again.

Perhaps Richard Rogers' Lloyds of London building?


5 comments:

  1. I think you are right in that the first one was the very best of them. Cool. MDC

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning pics and they could be real as you say ,all the best stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some really cool images. I love the last four.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dujardin is one of the artists featured in a very lovely book: Beyond Architecture: imaginative Buildings and Fictional Cities (eds. Klanten & Feireiss)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choice too ... But they are all stunning. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete