|Mozart trying to write something that will make everyone forget about Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.|
(Tom Hulce playing Mozart in the brilliant film Amadeus.)
- "Respect", "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman", "Chain of Fools" and almost every hit by Aretha Franklin. I will keep listening to her gospel album however.
- Anything by the Beatles. Full stop.
- "At Last" by Etta James
- "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
- Beethoven's 9th Symphony. I love Beethoven's other 8 symphonies and his opera Fidelio is one of my favorite operas, but I really have learned to loathe the 9th.
- Vivaldi's Four Seasons.
- The "Hallelujah Chorus" from Messiah by Handel. I can listen to Messiah a lot, but the HC I can live without.
- Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Actually, when it comes to the classical music, if I can suspend my aversion, I can still appreciate them, especially if they are performed well. Except for Eine Kleine, that one I just plain hate.
What's on your list?