29 September 2011
I am waiting for Books that Should be Banned Week
1. Self-Help books. Need some perspective on life? Read a novel.
2. Anything "written" by a politician that wasn't actually written by said politician. If you can't articulate your point of view on your own you don't deserve to have your name on a book. (I accept ghost writers for other types of books like gossipy celebrity autobiographies. Their stories must be told!)
3. Books about websites or iPad apps. As in, The Best iPad Apps or Travel Resources on the Web or other such dated-before-the-ink-dries kind of book.
4. Tuesdays or any other day with Morrie and anything with Chicken Soup in the title.
5. A memoir by anyone under 60. (Unless you have lots of gossipy, snarky things I need to know.)
What would you add to the list?