13 August 2011

Maine Books: Bits and Bobs

  
Picked up these lovelies at a bookstore on the mainland. Unfortunately I don't remember the name.
They are all mint and only $3 each.

According to the Bookselling in America and the World (which I also bought in Maine)
this Walpole was the number two bestseller in the U.S. in 1928.

The cover on this one drew me in.

And if I end up liking the other one by Sharp, I will be glad to have purchased this one as well.


This pile of Shute also came from the mainland bookseller I don't remember.
  


This one was published in the U.S. to serve as an example no doubt.


Yes, that's a pig.


4 comments:

  1. She's giving the pig a dose of what!? Your thumb is in the way, Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a wonderful time, thanks for sharing! And such great finds too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene: I think it may just say medicine, but I will have to check for you.

    Leaning: More finds to come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read one Margery Sharp years ago (The Foolish Gentlewoman) and since then have been buying them when I see them cheaply - though not in such nice editions. If you're reading one, I might join in with you... I have both of these.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.