11 December 2009

Book Review: Official Book Club Selection


Official Book Club Selection
A memoir according to Kathy Griffin

I wasn’t going to read this book. I thought it was just going to kind of rehash Kathy Griffin’s life as it is seen on her television reality show “My Life on the D-List”. Don’t get me wrong, I love the show. I just couldn’t imagine taking away time from reading other books. But then I was in a bookstore at the airport in Phoenix, and well, despite having four books with me to read, I still picked this one up, read a line or two, chuckled, and then decided I needed to have it.

(By the way, she calls the book Official Book Club Selection hoping that the reading public will think it is part of Oprah's book club, thus makinng Griffin millions.)

It you like Kathy’s show, you will like her book. Not only do you get more gossip in the book than you normally do on the show, but you also find out some interesting things about Kathy’s childhood and her 4-year marriage.

If you don’t like Kathy’s show you will want to skip this.

If you have never watched Kathy’s show, or have never even heard of her, you will only like this book if you are in the mood for a sacrilegious, gossipy tell-all with lots of foul language and fantastically base humor.

I thought it was great.

2 comments:

  1. I watched her show for the first 2 seasons and then kind of tuned out. I do like her and her attitude but I wasn't sure if the book would even be worth it (though I do like the title.) I was wondering if she talked about why her marriage broke up more ... that was kind of weird on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go into detail about her marriage. And the story is fascinating. I didn't start watching her show until after they split, so I missed the weirdness.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.