25 October 2009

Persephone Fans, This one is for you...

First, if you haven't seen this post, you need to apply your Persephone knowledge to solve the mystery.

Second, have any of you noticed, or heard about a big old typo on the spine of Persephone No. 72? The spine on both the book and the dust jacket incorrectly says: "House-Bound of Winifred Peck" instead of "House-Bound by Winifred Peck". Someone had a tipple before signing off on those proofs?

I am delirious at the arrival of my first Persephones but I have only gotten 6 of 12 so far. I am waiting for the others to arrive before I blog about my haul.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your first Persephones. Can't wait to read your reviews about them. I've read about 12 Persephones and have yet to be disappointed. So far they've all been wonderful. Did you get any D. Whipple? And Susan Glaspell's Fidelity was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your Persephone purchases!

    That typo amuses me too - oops. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lierary Stew: I got one Whipple--The Priory.

    PR and Verity: I can't wait to see them all myself. Just because I always need something to worry about, I am worried they aren't all going to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Cheerful Weather for a Wedding during the read-a-thon and then each night I read an essay from Kitchen Essays. Those two happen to be my first experience with Persephone books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ti: I just got Cheerful Weather in the mail today. I am only one title away from having the 12 that I ordered in my possession. Once I get it, I am going to post something about it.

    And then of course at some point I need to decide which one to read first.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.