12 August 2009

40 by 40 Update: #15 Volunteer During the Next Presidential Cycle

(Back in May of 2007 I noticed that a bunch of people in the blogosphere had created lists of 101 things to do in 1001 days. I was intrigued by the notion but felt I needed to change the parameters. So I created my 40 by 40 list. 40 things I wanted to do before I turned 40. Well on August 17th I turn 40, and I need to give $10 to charity for every uncompleted item. So it is time to see how I did.)

15. Volunteer During the Next Presidential Cycle - COMPLETED
Running Tally: $70.00 to charity.

After the nightmare of the Bush years, I would have volunteered for any Democratic running for president. Being able to volunteer for Barack Obama was an honor. It was nice to be able to go next door to Virginia to knock on doors. In 2004 I had to go to Pennsylvania and Ohio to campaign in a swing state. Obama was a wonderful candidate and he has already done much to improve Washington. I wish some people would cut the man some slack. He had only been in office for about 7 months. If you thought the economy or anything else would turn around that fast, you are delusional.

(I was early Hillary supporter, but am very happy that things turned out the way they did. And I love Hillary as Secretary of State.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.