25 November 2008

Out of Africa

We are back from our week-long safari in Kenya. I have always hated the phrase "a once in a lifetime trip" preferring to think that I would somehow make it back to a favorite destination at some future time. And while I think that I will go on a safari again one day--whether it be Kenya or elsewhere in Africa--there was definitely a once in a lifetime feel to our trip. Perhaps because most of us spend our lives seeing these animals on TV, in cartoons, and in zoos, that it seems more than a little surreal to actually see them in their natural habitat. I would say that although I was plenty interested in going on safari it has not been one of life long dreams. But the experience itself is so amazing that it is hard not to get a serious groove exploring the wilds of Kenya. In the days to come I will be posting all kinds of photos from our trip, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. i'll stay tuned for scenes from dusty.

    welcome home mr. safari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the pics. Did you get any wild giraffes?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.